Monday, December 10, 2007

And the twins are.....

Today we went to our sonogram to see how the babies are developing. Everything they said looked great and one is 1 lb and 9 oz and the other is 1 lb and 11 oz (that puts them in the 50 and 52 percentile, right where they should be). They looked at all the organs and measured everything and we are good so far. The 1st picture we saw today was this one:

it is very obvious not only what the sex is, but that SHE wanted it known! The following pictures are of twin A.

This is her face, it looks like she is swaddled in a blanket here. Drew also says there is no doubt that she has my nose!
Twin B was a little more difficult to see because of my scar tissue from my C-section (that's why the pictures are a little darker than twin A's). But after some walking around, turning on my side and the Sono lady pushing very hard on my stomach we were finally able to see that in fact Twin B is a GIRL as well.

Here is her profile picture (Drew says he thinks she has my nose as well)
Another picture of Twin B

And here is our favorite picture from today. Both babies have become very active and even started taking turns kicking back and forth. Well this picture explains a lot of movement and gives us a glimpse of what is coming. You can see Twin A's feet pushing against Twin B's chin! Twin A is apparently stretching out taking up most of the room, leaving Twin B in the true fetal position most of the time! (Drew's note: Twin A seems to take after her mother and Twin B after her father...A taking up 3/4 of the womb/bed while poor little B has to curl up in a ball to protect herself from flailing limbs.)

My doctor said everything is going as it should and the babies measure right at 24 weeks. I do start going every two weeks now (my next visit is Christmas Eve) and my next appointment they will start doing a test that tells them if my body is trying to go into labor so that they can try and stop it first. I will also have a sonogram every month to measure their size. As long as they stay within a pound of each other the Dr. says we won't worry. Everyone keeps asking us if this means they are identical, but we won't know that until they do a blood test at birth. As for the other question..Yes we are 99.999 percent that they are both girls and will start buying pink. We now request the same sono lady (she said she would not tell us if she was not sure) every time so we won't have anymore surprises!

3 comments:

Kristi Craft said...

Jill, I'm so exicted. I still think this is so crazy. It's amazing the pictures that you can see. I'm so happy for ya'll and cant wait to meet the little ones. And by the way, I love buying cute little baby girl things!!

Jessica said...

Yay for two precious tiny little sweet girly girls! Yay for bows and skirts and dress up clothes and make up and sweet little girl kisses. I am very excited for ya'll!

Tiffany said...

Congrats on two girls!